To: All Staff, Residents, and Families/Visitors of CTKM
From: Melissa Newell, Director of Nursing
Angie Amundson, Assistant Director of Nursing and Infection Control Preventionist
Paula Felton-Werner, LNHA, CDAL
RE: Changes to COVID-19 Policy and Protocol
Date: May 8, 2023
The past three years have been a very challenging time for our residents, families and staff members in facing the COVID-19 pandemic. Our team has worked diligently to ensure the well-being of our residents and help reduce the spread of the virus.
With the end of the Public Health Emergency (PHE) on May 11, 2023 we felt appropriate to update our policies and protocols. However, even though PHE is ending COVID-19 is not over. Christ the King Manor is implementing the following changes which will apply to residents, families/visitors and staff members:
• Masking will be eliminated for all staff members and families/visitors of CTKM
• Screening in and out will still be required for all staff and families/visitors
• Masking is still strongly recommended in areas caring for moderate to severely immunocompromised residents
• Masks are required when caring for patients who are COVID-19 positive or who are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
• Residents, families/visitors, and staff may choose to continue wearing masks.
• Staff members who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are still required to alert their supervisor immediately.
• Families/Visitors who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are highly encouraged to postpone visit to the facility until tested for COVID-19, or wear a mask if you must visit.
• Families/Visitors will be permitted to sit in main dining room with their families (limit 2 people otherwise they can reserve private dining area with receptionist)
• Chapel will be available for residents and their families/visitors only; not general public.
• Masking is strongly recommended when experience any type of respiratory illness.
• As a courtesy to our Residents, staff will mask if a patient is masked or requests staff to mask.
• This will take effect: MAY 8, 2023.